Systems LibrarianEvery applicant is required to complete an official online application form and all documents specified in the job posting for each vacant position and attest to its accuracy. Please provide complete responses on the application. Applications are not maintained for filing with future vacant positions. It is the responsibility of the applicant to present materials together, as a whole packet, per the requirements noted in the job posting. Applications must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (PST) on the application deadline date indicated in the job posting. The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position. SPECIAL NOTE: If you need to edit your job application on or before the closing date of the Job Posting, please contact the Office of Human Resources. DO NOT withdraw your application to make edits. Once you withdraw your application, you will NOT be able to resubmit an application for the same Job Posting. The Office of Human Resources is open during normal business hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to assist you with the application process.
|Job Title||Systems Librarian|
|Tenure Information||Tenure Track|
|Pay Rate (or Annual Salary)||$62,035 - $88,687/annual|
|Job Location||Chabot College, 25555 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward, CA 94545|
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a Librarian for Chabot College in Hayward, California.
1. Serve as systems administrator of OCLC Worldshare and catalog requests in EBSCOhost Discovery Service including troubleshooting, upgrading, evaluating and manipulating the systems to optimize functionality.
2. Serve as primary contact with OCLC for software and customer account issues.
3. Prepare and disseminate clear, up-to-date policies and procedures that govern WMS and EDS (with respect to the catalog).
4. Provide original and final cataloging to library materials that are new or unique to Chabot College Library.
5. Final implementation responsibility for all cataloging policies and procedures within Worldshare system.
6. Coordinate with and train library technicians on circulation and copy cataloging in the Worldshare system.
7. In collaboration with the Library Coordinator, ensure that library procedures and policies are followed consistently.
8. Coordinate all aspects of the library’s web presence with the Information Literacy and Technology Librarian and the College and District IT departments with primary responsibility for the web presence of the catalog.
9. Act as key member of library team in developing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating the library’s programs and services.
10. Provide reference services in a multimedia environment to students, staff and faculty.
11. Provide library outreach activities to the college community.
12. Teach effective information competency research strategies.
13. Act as a library liaison to at least one instructional division.
14. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
15. Participate in campus and district professional activities, which may include but are not limited to, committee membership, staff development, and collegial meetings.
16. Teach late afternoon, evening, weekend, distance learning and/or off campus classes when scheduled as part of the regular librarian assignment.
17. Participate in on-going assessment of library programs including program review, strategic planning, and the development and implementation of new services, systems, and programs.
18. Demonstrated sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities.
|Minimum Education and Experience||
Master’s in library science, library and information science, OR the equivalent.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 11:59:59 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
*Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2017 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
1. Experience providing innovative and creative leadership in the development of library programs and services.
2. Experience with the functions of Ebscohost Discovery Service or similar Discovery system that functions as the OPAC of the Library Catalog.
3. Experience providing information competency instruction in a community college library.
4. Experience providing reference services in an academic library setting.
5. Experience in outreach activities for students and faculty.
6. Experience in cataloging and management of processes in the library’s Technical Services Department.
7. Evidence of interest in working in the community college setting.
8. Evidence of ability to work effectively as the leader as a member of the Technical Services team.
|Job Work Schedule||
This position is full-time, tenure-track, 2017-2018 Academic Year. Employment will begin on or about August 14, 2017.
|Physical Demands and Working Environment||
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Posting Detail Information
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
|Notification to Applicants||
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
|Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement||
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Please write an essay of up to 250 words concerning the changes in library catalogs and the integration of catalogs into services such as OneSearch and how students interact with them.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Other Document
- Equivalency Statement